Backdrop CMS - A Drupal Fork
Backdrop CMS is a fork of the Drupal project. Backdrop 1 is very
similar to Drupal 7, so if you love Drupal, you're likely to love
Backdrop contains a few critically important improvements over Drupal
7 including a built-in configuration management tool and a revamped
blocks & layouts system. Backdrop is highly compatible with Drupal 7,
allowing the majority of development time to be spent on the websites
and web applications that are built with Backdrop, and not on the
integrating with the underlying software.
Come hear the Co-Founders talk about Backdrop CMS, see it in action,
and bring your own hard questions. Backdrop 1.3 is out, and ready for
use today. Decide for yourself if Backdrop is a good alternative for
any of your current or future projects.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
- Why was a fork necessary?
- Key differences between Backdrop CMS and Drupal philosophy
- State of the Backdrop project today
- State of the Backdrop community today
- Live demo of the Layouts system in Backdrop CMS
- Live demo of the Configuration system in Backdrop CMS
- Q & A with the Backdrop founders